Get news and special offers when you subscribe to receive our newsletter!
More than 48 years after his death and 53 years after his historic “I Have a Dream” speech, Martin Luther King Jr.‘s stirring words and writings remain as relevant and inspiring today as they were when he lived.
Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day this Monday with 10 of his most poignant quotes—some you may have heard already and some you probably haven’t—but all of them worth repeating and contemplating on this holiday of remembrance, service and equality.
1. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
3. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act. It is a permanent attitude.”
4. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
5. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
6. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'”
7. “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.”
Did you know that many people who receive honorary degrees from us write to tell us later about how getting an honorary doctorate has given them a new sense of motivation and determination? As the new year starts, with many of us making hopeful resolutions to improve our lives, we want to give you the opportunity to receive honorary recognition for all your accomplishments in the past year, and to propel you into 2017 with more ambition and enthusiasm for what's to come.
FREE MINI POSTER "Family
with every request of an honorary degree!